Welcome to the Best “Dam” Bistro in Appleton!
Peruse the new menu and order online for pick up!
Located in the historic Atlas Mill on the Fox River, River Tyme Bistro features a beautiful outdoor seating area on our deck overlooking the dam and the magnificent river. For the winter, you are welcome to sit inside and look at the deck thru the window, or sit outside in your snowsuit – we highly encourage both!
The vision of our Bistro is a community place to relax and enjoy your time by the river. We are slowly bringing in different activities, entertainment and speakers on the evenings when the Bistro is ‘closed’. Please join us and let us know what you think! If you have any ideas for what you would like to see, please share those as well! Starting July 12th, we bring you our land-based version of Margarita Monday! Music by Fernando, 1/2 priced margaritas and a few snacks. Kitchen is not open during this time. Reservations are encouraged. Music will be on the patio, if weather allows. We have 40 seats available, plus a couple of picnic tables.
For Monday: Reserve for Music!
For Sunday Music from 3:30-5:30
Bistro Restaurant Hours
Closed on Tuesday
The completely refurbished Bistro features:
- A Multi-Roaster Coffee Bar with coffee from Colectivo and MadCap & a wide selection of speciality lattes and drinks!
- Homemade bread & bakery items, & a full array of very tasty, personally vetted (oh, what hard work that has been!) menu items, including vegetarian & other special diet offerings
- Classic & creative cocktails, as well as a nice selection of spirits, wine & beer for those who imbibe
- A deck overlooking the beautiful Fox River with seating for 36 & indoor seating for 62, with tables 6 feet apart
On top of that, we have:
- Event space, for up to 120, waiting to be rented for your private parties, work functions, or community meetings
- Regularly scheduled Bistro-organized happenings to encourage you to come to the River more often
- Bistro & Boat Packages, for a one-stop-shop type of way to fill up a good portion of a great day
Owned and operated by the people behind Fox River Tours, River Tyme Bistro is the sister to the river boats River Tyme, based in De Pere, and River Tyme Too, based in Appleton. Boat season in Wisconsin is only six months long, but River Tyme Bistro is our land vessel—allowing guests to enjoy the Fox River all year thru!
Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow along with everything we are up to at our Bistro and on our boats!
RIVER TYME BISTRO HOSTED EVENTS
Ok, it’s time — and we have the space — to do some events that are socially distanced, but can still bring us together!
First and foremost is River Song – live and local music each week! This fills our Dam Event Space with melodies. Reserve a spot in the room with the musicians by booking River Song. Reserve a spot in the Bistro space, where you will still be able to hear the music a bit, just not see too well by booking Bistro Socially Distanced Dining.
Either way, please plan on having some food and drink with us while you listen 🙂
Join us for Movie Tyme beginning on April 14th at 6 PM for a screening of Charade, starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. River Song has been a great way to gather together by the river, we thought a movie would be a great chance as well! Give us a call or book online to reserve your table!
EVENTS THAT YOU HOST FOR YOU AND YOURS
Purchase Gift Certificates
Good for both the Bistro & the Boats
Boats, what boats? You have boats? Yes we do!! Two passenger boats, one docked in Appleton and one in De Pere. Find all the information for those at
or call the Bistro and we will talk your ear off about any and all locations! We love to have people join us!